Tuesday, October 25, 2016

It's been 20 years . . . Can I still get the ORIGINAL color scheme for this afghan?

This is one of the most frequent questions I am asked. And I'm sorry to say, the bottom line answer to the question is: You can't.

It took me 3 months searching every catalog and yarn store I could get my hands on to find exactly the right colors to get the effect I wanted for this creation: the effect of sunlight streaming through ancient stained glass.  For many years you could still get the main colors needed using Red Heart yarn, but as of this writing (summer 2020) they have discontinued their “wedgewoods ombré” that I used for the body of the afghan and I have yet to find an acceptable substitute. 

1 comment:

  1. Is there a yarn you could recommend that comes close to Gemstone Red heart Classic? That's a critical element of your design. Thank you for sharing this beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete